Our social:

Friday, June 23, 2017

6 Tips to get 1,000,000 Page Views in One Day to Your Blog

I can hear some people laughing.
They are the ones who get 100+K page views to their blog everyday. I didn’t used to.
I was a rinky dink blogger who wrote about non-main stream topics, Japan, the PanAsian region and the Business of Education, lessons learned and such.
I hit a huge milestone…for me, that is.
My three blogs combined for 124,130 page views in one day. RisingSunOfNihon received 99,154 of those views.
I thought to share here how that came to be and how others might do the same.
Let me preface the steps by saying it wasn’t easy and it didn’t happen quickly.



6 Tips to get 1,000,000  Page Views in One Day to Your Blog


Be lucky


I think I discovered the answer to “What is it that people want to read about next?”
The answer is – nobody knows. The most unlikely topic can become hot at the most unpredictable times.
Another story:
A group of professional photographers were admiring a photo of a frog – its color, its shades, its balance and whatever else camera bugs admire. One asked another, “I wonder who and how this picture was taken. It’s marvelous.”
A little 8-year old girl standing next to them replied, “Well, I saw him sitting on the leaf, so real quietly I sneaked up on him and went ‘click!'”
I am like the little girl who was in the right place at the right time with my toy camera going ‘click’.
Thomas Jefferson once said,
                                    “I find that the harder I work, the luckier I am.”

When those 100k views came I had already written nearly 5,000 posts, 1,000,000 words in the past 1+ year.


Be patient


It does not happen over night. RisingSunOfNihon was just shy of one year old when the spike occurred.
Story time:
I am reminded of a good friend of mine who lives in upstate New York. He shot a 17 point buck one winter and instantly became a sought after speaker on the hunter’s circuit. The secret, how, what, and so on.
Here’s what Mike said his message was:
“Well, I saw the trail that the buck or deer had left. I knew he or she would be back. So, I climbed up in the tree and sat there. I got cold but I waited. I was hungry, but I waited. I had to relieve myself, but I waited. I got really cold, hungry and agitated…but I waited. Then the buck came back and I shot it.” End of story.


Provide relevant links to the topic that readers might be interested in

This takes time – a LOT (a couple of minutes) for an impatient fellow like myself.
An example of a relevant link for this post.


After writing a post, socially network the thing.

Add pictures with captions and descriptions that are relevant to the topic.
I included Riyo Mori pix.


Write about something people want to know


The post that got hit was Miss Universe Japan – Ballet Dancer, Mori Riyo.
Riyo had just won the Miss Universe title and apparently netizens wanted to know something about her.
However, I had written about the girl several times … more than two months BEFORE she won.
If you wait till a topic is hot to write about it…you are likely to be too late. Three of my posts about Mori Riyo were ranked in the top four spots on a Google search of her name.
Miss Universe Japan – Ballet Dancer, Mori Riyo – Learns Lessons …
Miss Universe – Riyo Mori

0 comments:

Post a Comment